Friday, September 22, 2006

Tom Edsall is a good reporter even if he's a liberal

Tom Edsall, recently retired from the Washington Post and now with the New Republic, is a good writer. He has a new book out I haven't read, Building Red America. Several years ago I did read his book on race Chain Reaction: The Impact of Race, Rights, and Taxes on American Politics and it was kind of a primer for Bill Clinton as he prepared for his Sister Souljah moment. Reading the transcript of Hugh Hewitt's recent interview I can't help but feel admiration for Edsall, even though I think some of his analysis often misses the mark. What impresses me is that he's a lot more candid about his bias that most reporters. Plus he's certainly illminating. His pessimism is reason for conservative optimism.

Read the whole transcript.

I do think that Hugh was a bit rough on Edsall who took it in stride.

No comments: