Thursday, October 18, 2007

Scotto has a new gig

No not with his band. Too bad its not in Beantown.
I have accepted an offer to serve as program director and morning drive talk show host on AM 590 WROW in Albany, New York.

This is just a tremendous opportunity for me. I am already very familiar with the market having worked at WROW's main competitor before coming to WRKO in September 2003.

I have always loved Albany. It's a very diverse community of politicians, hacks, educators, middle class working stiffs, high tech brainiacs, students, immigrants, and scary mountain people. It's close to the Berkshires, the Catskills, the Adirondacks, my in-laws in New Jersey, New York City, Montreal, and... Boston! In fact, some WROW listeners commute to Albany from Berkshire County, and over the last four years I have been fortunate to have fans from Albany still tuning in to hear me in Boston and on Fox News Radio.

Albany listeners really "get" talk radio. They always have politics on their minds, they just elected an incompetent governor, and a carpetbagger is using their state to run for President. Now that I think of it, Albany is a lot like Boston.
Good luck to a great radio personality!

No comments: